Learn how to install, configure and control your own website using WordPress. You will master WordPress quickly through webinars, in class exercises, and your own test WordPress site.
Who is this class for?
- Anyone who would like to learn about the functionality of WordPress.
- People who have inherited a preexisting WordPress site and needs to know how to maintain and use the site.
- Organizations that want to create a website and control the content that is created and posted.
- Students that want to ask questions in real time and see demonstrations on how to solve their current problems with WordPress.
- Bloggers or website owners using WordPress to maintain their website.
What Skills Will I Learn?
- Learn how to install, configure and maintain a WordPress site.
- Understand how to configure WordPress for the best results.
- How to manage your images and videos for the best results in blogs and pages.
- Be able to create a professional, fully responsive website that you control.
- Create a contact form and integrate with Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and other email marketing platforms.
- Add functionality to your website using plugins.
- Create compelling websites using free and premium themes.
- Set up your dashboard to help you efficiently manage and monitor your site.
- Understand the best practices for a website to see results right away.
- Leverage the Search Engine Optimization baked into WordPress to increase your visibility.
- Day 1
- Class intro – An introduction to learn site, using webinar software and the format of class.
- The World Of WordPress – Understand the origin of WordPress and how the software works so you can understand the thinking behind the design.
- Installing WordPress – Step by step demonstration on installing a new version of WordPress.
- Day 2
- A tour of WordPress – You will understand all the parts of WordPress and how they can save you time while creating a website.
- Themes & Templates – Learn how to use free and premium themes to create compelling websites.
- Day 3
- Blogs – You will gain the skills to create effective blogs, schedule publications, and manage blog approvals.
- Pages – Feel confident in using WordPress as your platform to manage your website no matter your experience level.
- Day 4
- Plugins – Step by step examples of installing and maintaining plugins used to add functionality to your website.
- Tips for maintaining WordPress – Learn how to keep WordPress working at an optimum level to grow your business.
- Tips for creating an effective website – Learn about Lead capture, Search Engine Optimization and goals
NOTE: This webinar will be conducted over 4 days. We will meet online every day for 4 days during the date range and time chosen from the drop above the “Add to cart” button. After signing up for the class you will receive emails as the date of the approaches on details about the class.
|Choose A Date For The WordPress WorkShop:||June 16 - 18, 2015 @ 6 PM - 8:30 PM CST (4 PM - 6:30 PM Pacific), June 27, 2015 @ 10 AM - 7 PM (8 AM - 5 PM), July 14 - 16, 2015 @ 6 PM CST - 8:30 PM CST (4 PM - 6:300 PM Pacific), July 25, 2015 @ 10 AM - 7 PM CST (8 AM - 5 PM Pacific), August 4 - 6, 2015 @ 6 PM - 8:30 PM CST (4 PM - 6:30 PM Pacific), August 29, 2015 @ 10 AM - 7 PM CST (8 AM - 5 PM Pacific)|