Many businesses focus on providing discounts only to new customers. Yet, loyal customers have a high lifetime value and are often the ones who are referring your business to others. Even if you have a limited budget, there are small things you can do. Often times it is the small things that have a big impact. For example, Zappos offers VIP members free 1 business day shipping. Another example would be to offer exceptional customer service, products and/or services. Below are three simple approaches that you can implement with you loyal customers.
1) Feature their story in your upcoming newsletter or on your website – Most customers love to provide testimonials to let potential customers know how your products or service helps them. Likewise if you are a non-profit, your donors love to provide testimonials on how they are helping to make a difference with your cause. With all the advances in technology, it is easy create short videos that can be posted on YouTube and uploaded to your website or embedded in your newsletter.
2) Set up a loyalty program – Reward your best customers. Remember, you don’t have to give away a lot to make your customers feel special. For example, if your customers were purchasing dog food. You could provide them a loyalty card after they buy 12 boxes then get the 13th one free.
3) Give them a place to provide feedback – You want to make sure their voice is being heard. By giving your best customers surveys, they feel like they are part of them team. Remember to also be ready to take action on the surveys. If you want your best customers to stay engaged, make sure you are promptly addressing any unfavorable results of the surveys. It is also a best practice to share the results and your intentions of the surveys as well. People want to know that by filling out a survey, the feedback will be used to improve your business.
Stuck or not sure where to start? Click here to schedule a consultation with us today. We are here to help you!
Latest posts by Becky Deitenbeck (see all)
- 6 Tips for Better Survey Questions - May 7, 2015
- Video Tip – Using Color Cop for Matching ExactWebsite Color Codes - May 6, 2015
- Video Tip – Customize the Welcome Email in Constant Contact - April 29, 2015