Events are a great way to get to know your customers and for potential customers to learn more about your company. For example if you own a boutique, you could hold a monthly trunk sale or bring designers in for your customers to meet. You could also use this opportunity to have your current customers invite a guest or two. This makes your existing customers feel special and brings more of your ideal customers through your doors. Yet, many business owners feel overwhelmed at the thought of planning an event. Below are three easy steps to planning a successful event.
1) Set Your Goal – This is a critical step in the event planning process. Once you determine your goal, you will be able to make every decision based on the goal your set. The following are some example of goals. Is it to raise awareness of your company’s products and services? Is it to show appreciation of your existing customers? You want to make sure you are clear on why you are having the event.
2) Understand Your Audience – This will help you determine your content, price, location, etc. Once you are clear on your intended audience, it will make the event planning process smoother. This is because you know your audience wants and needs. By understanding your audience it will help keep your event focused on achieving the specific goal you set.
3) Set Your Expectations and budget – It is important that you know your limitation and expectations. This helps so that you don’t become overwhelmed or blow your budget. Events are a different way that you can bring in new business, increase revenue and gain exposure for your business. Events will small budgets can be a success and profitable. So don’t think you have to have an elaborate event, with a big budget, to meet your goals.
Latest posts by Becky Deitenbeck (see all)
- 6 Tips for Better Survey Questions - May 7, 2015
- Video Tip – Using Color Cop for Matching ExactWebsite Color Codes - May 6, 2015
- Video Tip – Customize the Welcome Email in Constant Contact - April 29, 2015